A further 828 people have died in the UK, bringing the total there to 112,092, as Netherlands surpasses a million confirmed cases
- Oxford Covid shot less effective against S African variant, study suggests
- Netherlands cases pass 1m
- Worcestershire begins surge testing for South African Covid variant
- UK on target to give all over-50s Covid jabs by May – taskforce chief
- When Britain might start reopening
- See all our coronavirus coverage
A second round of accommodation vouchers designed to help the tourism sector during the Covid-19 pandemic has provided a $19m boost to the South Australian economy, AAP reports.
Premier Steven Marshall said the vouchers generated 36,000 bookings, bringing cash to the state’s regions and the Adelaide CBD.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it had distributed 59,304,600 doses of Covid vaccines in the US and that 39,037,964 doses had been administered as of Saturday morning.
The tallies are for both Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines as at 6am, it said. According to its tally posted on Friday, the agency had administered 36,819,212 doses of the vaccines and distributed 58,380,300 doses.