Preliminary data suggest viral loads higher in new variant, says Nervtag professor; UK entrants to France must have negative test
- UK ferry passengers disembark in Calais after France eases travel ban
- More of England could move into tier 4 from Boxing Day, says minister
- Trump demands changes to sign $900bn stimulus bill
- Australian officials scramble after Qantas crew member tests positive
- Covid fatalities soar in Mexico as president condemned for inaction
The Irish Government has said a member of the Cabinet has tested positive for Covid-19.
All other ministers will now restrict their movements pending coronavirus tests and results.
A member of Cabinet has tested positive for Covid-19,” said a Government statement.
“In line with public health advice, all ministers are restricting their movements while awaiting a Covid test and result.”
French President Emmanuel Macron is showing signs of improvement after testing positive for Covid-19 last week, his office said.
Macron, 43, is in quarantine at the presidential retreat of La Lanterne, close to the Palace of Versailles.