India joins much of Europe plus Canada and Russia in suspending UK flights over new strain; Europe on course to start inoculations within a week
- European states ban travel from UK as new Covid strain takes hold
- What do we know about the fast-spreading Covid variant in UK?
- Hard lockdown ‘needed to prevent Sydney Christmas Covid surge’
- Moderna vaccine shipments begin as US reels under Covid surge
- Inside Oxford’s coronavirus vaccine development
India and Grenada are the latest countries to suspend flights from the UK.
European Medicines Agency (EMA) approved the use of the Covid-19 vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech, Reuters reports.
The approval puts Europe on course to start inoculations within a week.