UK Labour leader calls for lockdown as daily cases near 60,000; India approves Oxford and AstraZeneca vaccines
- Coronavirus restrictions ‘probably about to get tougher’, says Boris Johnson
- Parents face week of uncertainty over school reopenings in England
- Pope condemns travelling abroad to escape coronavirus lockdowns
- ‘The numbers are real’: Fauci hits back at Trump on US Covid deaths
- See all our coronavirus coverage
This is the air powered costume an employee wore in the Emergency Dept.of Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center Xmas day to spread cheer. Turns out employee unknowingly had covid , now 43 employees have covid .Kaiser investigating if costume blower helped spread the virus. pic.twitter.com/DLLi8z5e2T
Irene Chavez, senior vice president and area manager of Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center, said in an emailed statement that 43 staffers in the emergency department tested positive between 27 December and 1 January.
Hello and welcome to today’s live coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.
My name is Ben Doherty and I’ll be bringing you the latest updates from around the world for the next few hours. Correspondence and comments always welcome, you can reach me at email@example.com or on twitter @BenDohertyCorro.